Saturday, November 17, 2012

nutella protein green drank

It totally doesn't show on the outside because I'm full of estrogen and lots of other good stuff, but I'm a big fan of lifting heavy things and putting them back down again. It's amazing for bone health, and being muscular is never a bad thing.

I really overall don't believe in protein powders. I think anyone can get as much protein as they need without resorting to powder, but I'm really fucking busy sometimes, especially in the morning when all I want is to feel full and awake, but my body needs breakfast to do that. 

Enter ... green drank.

After a bout of the GAPS diet, I've been able to reintroduce organic eggs in my diet. Conventional ones still make me feel shitty for some reason. Whatever. 

This green drank is delicious, it has lots of nutrients and about 20 g of protein, some healthy fats, and just generally has enough food in it for me to call it breakfast. Intermittent fasting is popular in the paleo-sphere, but it doesn't work for me. 


This is a picture of my cabinet. This flavors the green drank and adds a bit of fat, which is actually good.


My freezer. Those bananas are ripe when I freeze them. I'll discuss the importance of ripe fruit in another blog post.



Ingredients:

6 oz pasteurized egg whites (you won't get sick from it!)
1 frozen, very-ripe banana
1/2 oz raw hazelnuts
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups baby spinach

Directions:

Add to the blender in that order. Blend. 


Check out that Blend-Tec.


I've been accused of loving this blend-tec more than I love my cat.




MOTHERFUCKING GREEN DRANK.

/bitchesloveproduce

No comments:

Post a Comment