Wednesday, November 21, 2012

cleaning the kitchen out

Hey guys. So I was hungry and chilling in my apartment in Chicago when I realized I had SO MUCH produce in my fridge and I have a flight to Philadelphia tonight, and I do not love wasting produce.


I had 1 head of purple cabbage, one bunch of kale, 1 bunch of swiss chard, 3 cups of spinach, 3 grapefruits, 2 apples, 2 zucchinis and  ... 7 hours until my flight.

For this meal, took the kale, mixed it with a tablespoon of coconut oil and 1/4 tsp garlic salt and put it in the oven at 400 deg F for 15 minutes.


I was feeling kinda lazy, so I just served it with an apple and some chicken. I went to the grocery store, but I saw the long lines and decided that I should just defrost the chicken in my freezer.



I think I'm going to freeze the spinach for smoothies. I'm going to make a salad for my flight because I'm going to be in Midway for hours and eating will take up time. I'm gonna look crazy, but probably not as crazy as I've looked chilling in the Philadelphia airport eating a head of romaine lettuce with my bare hands.



This cat loves kale. Even my cats love produce.

No comments:

Post a Comment